Working for us
Learning Support Assistant (initially fixed term / temporary until July 2024)
Hours: 31.25 hours per week
Term time only (plus up to 5 additional days per year for staff training)
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.15pm (with 30 minute lunch break) / 31 hours and 15 minutes per week
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Temporary / Fixed term
(potential to extend / subject to funding)
Closing date: 3rd January 2024
The Learning Support Assistant will work under the direction and guidance of the Class Teacher, Special Educational Needs Coordinator and the Senior Leadership Team to support children with their learning, this will either on a one to one basis or with small groups of children.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with and supporting pupils of primary age, previous experience of supporting children with personal, social, emotional and behavioural needs would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to improving children’s learning through tailored provision;
- the ability to enthuse, motivate and engage children in all areas of learning;
- enthusiasm, patience and a calm manner;
- a variety of communication skills to respond to the needs of children and to work effectively with professionals and parents;
- experience of/ or the ability to work in a team and with other professionals to tailor provision for individual pupil needs;
- experience of delivering interventions and an understanding of how to meet the needs of SEND pupils as well as promoting inclusion;
- good levels of literacy, numeracy and ICT
- experience of using a range of positive behaviour management techniques;
- that they are a team player with a 'can do' attitude;
- a willingness to contribute to the broader life of the school community.
In return, Pudsey Lowtown Primary School can offer the right candidate:
- a school of motivated pupils and supportive parents with strong community links;
- an exciting place to learn and teach offering excellent CPD;
- a school with high expectations and aspirations for all our pupils and staff;
- a high performing, professional, dedicated, hardworking and supportive team.
This post is subject to a satisfactory 6-month probationary period.
Pudsey Lowtown Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a higher-level check with the Disclosure & Barring Service. Please note that a criminal record check will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining employment; this will depend on the circumstances and background to any offence.
Pudsey Lowtown Primary School is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
Code of Conduct
All staff and volunteers are expected to adhere to our 'Code of Conduct'. Please ensure that you have read this document before applying for any role at Pudsey Lowtown Primary School.
How to apply:
Please download the job description and person specification from this page; if you feel that you are able to demonstrate that you meet the criteria then we would love to hear from you.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs or application forms with missing information will not be accepted.